You may not know this, but milkshakes are older than you think. They date back in the 1880s, which is a very long time, but they did not taste as good as they taste today. The recipes were different as well, and many of them contained alcohol. At that point in history, people used syrups and frozen milk, and the shaking was done by hand. The electric blender was invented in 1920 by a man called Steven Poplawski. It is him you need to thank for the delicious milkshakes you enjoy today. Believe it or not, the first electric milkshake maker managed to do about the same tasty milkshake as you enjoy today.
I do not know about you, but I associate milkshakes with the taste of childhood. My dad used to take me out every Saturday and always bought me a strawberry milkshake. It was my favorite beverage then, and it is to this day. That is why I bought myself a milkshake maker for my home.
The advantages of having your own milkshake maker
You may not think too much about it, but a milkshake maker in the home comes in handy on many occasions. I can actually say that I have never stored the device in a cupboard. Never had the chance. Here are my reasons for buying your own device.
- You do not have to go out for a milkshake – if you like a milkshake from time to time, that is not an issue, but if you are a milkshake lover, then having one in the house is the best way to go. Also, you can try various recipes on your own and put your imagination to I am sure you will be able to make the best milkshakes ever.
- Your kids will love it – it comes as no surprise that children love milkshakes. In fact, that is when the love for milkshakes begins. I am not saying that you should give milkshakes to your kids every day (too much sugar,) but you can give them a treat from time to time. Surely they will appreciate it.
- It is awesome at a party – a party is not a party without beverages. If you are having a garden party or a barbecue on a hot summer’s day, milkshakes will be in the same league with beer; I can vouch for that. They will be a hit, and you can serve the most amazing cups of liquid deliciousness.
- You can use it on multiple occasions – of course, that applies to a multi-functional milkshake machine. However, most devices can be used for many reasons. You can make smoothies, energy drinks for when you go to the gym, malted milk, and some models can even be used as milk frothers. It depends on what you are buying.
What to consider when buying the best milkshake maker
Buying a milkshake maker is not challenging. It is like buying any other appliance in your home. However, it is good to know a few aspects and weigh them in when you make a decision. After all, you want to make the right choice and have a milkshake maker that lasts. With that in mind, here is what you need to consider before making a purchase:
- The motor power – not all people can agree on which motor power is appropriate for a milkshake maker. However, one thing is for certain. The stronger the motor, the more beverages you will be able to make. For example, if you want a motor for your regular milkshakes, then a 100-watt power will suffice. On the other hand, such a device will not be able to crush ice, for example. You need at least 700 watts for that job. My opinion is that a motor that has 250 watts of power is more than enough for a home. It is not like you need a commercial use milkshake maker. It is sufficient to crush fresh, soft fruits, and it is not like the milk will be a challenge.
- Capacity – the capacity of the milkshake maker you want depends on how many servings you wish to make at once. However, most milkshake machines come with a cup in which they blend the beverage. That is enough for a single big milkshake. If you want something larger, then you are going to have to buy a commercial device. But I think it is better to have patience and make one milkshake at a time rather than spending a few hundred bucks on a large device. That is your decision, though.
- Weight – nobody likes large appliances, so if you are not buying a commercial use milkshake maker, there is no point in buying something that is too heavy to carry. Also, keep in mind that some of the models need to be overturned to release the cup in which the milkshake is made. I suppose you do not want to struggle with that. Last but not least, a heavy appliance is difficult to store and transport.
- Ease of use – I always read the manual before using an appliance, but I hate those products that require me to learn a bunch of commands. In my opinion, a milkshake maker with an on/off button and another button that controls the speed is more than enough. Some models do not even have more than one speed, which is convenient. However, the choice is up to you.
- Ease of cleaning – there is nothing I hate more than an appliance that is difficult to clean and maintain. That is why my recommendation is to purchase a milkshake machine that has removable parts. For example, if you cannot remove the spindle, you are going to have a hard time cleaning it. I do not wish that on anyone
- Additional features – depending on which model you go for, there may be some safety features. One of the problems with low-wattage milkshake makers is that they overheat. However, as long as you choose a model with a resettable fuse, you should be okay. Also, maybe you want portability. Some machines come with traveling cups, which I find most convenient. Just blend the milkshake, put on the lid, and you are ready to go.
- Budget – lucky for you milkshake makers come in various price ranges. You can find a satisfactory product with just 30$, but you can also find models that cost a few hundreds of dollars. What you should know is that the price dictates the power of the motor, so the more money you spend, the more watts your device will have.
What are the best milkshake makers?
If you do a quick search, you will see that there are countless models. That may make your job of choosing one a bit harder than you need it to be. However, I put together a list of three excellent suggestions that should be of help. I also included the model I currently own.
Cuisinart CDM-100G Classic Drink Mixer
I chose to start with this model because this is the one that proudly sits on my counter. I have always had a weak spot for Cuisinart. I have pots and pans from them, plus other tools that I use in the kitchen. I love their products because they provide high quality at affordable prices. This milkshake maker makes no difference. It is, in fact, a drink mixer that I use for other stuff as well. I use it for smoothies, mixing pancake batter, and I sometimes use it for beating eggs. It is an excellent tool to have around the kitchen, and it makes delicious milkshakes.
The mixer has a single metal spindle with an aeration disc that blends drinks perfectly. The beverages I make using this mixer are frothy, and I always enjoy a foamy drink. The Cuisinart drink mixer has a die-cast metal construction and non-slip feet that will keep the device stable on the counter. It feels sturdy when you hold it, but at the same time, it is lightweight with only 8.5 pounds. Transportation and storage are effortless, but I have to admit that I placed it on my kitchen counter ever since I bought it and I have never moved it.
The design is retro, which makes it look appealing. The heavy-duty 200-watt motor with two speeds is encased in a beautiful chrome-plated cover, and you will be more than satisfied with it. In fact, I recommend it to anyone who asks how I made such a delicious beverage. It is easy to use, looks fancy, and you can do so many things with it. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon
Hamilton Beach 730C Classic Drink Master Drink Mixer
I am aware that not everyone can afford a 150$ milkshake maker, which is why I thought that I should also add a more affordable product. The Hamilton Drink Master fits that criteria, but it is pretty good considering the price range. As you can expect from a cheaper product, the motor is not very strong. It has a power of only 70 watts. You will not be able to crush ice with it or make very dense beverages, but for a milkshake, it is good enough. You can also make malted milk, soft fruit smoothies and healthy drinks.
The design is retro on this one as well, and it resembles an old drugstore soda fountain. The device is chrome plated, so you need to be careful with maintenance. The professional-style cup is made of stainless steel and has a capacity of 28 ounces. The head tilts for easy access, and the spindle is removable for easy cleaning.
The Hamilton milkshake maker has two operating speeds. It is very lightweight with only 4.8 pounds, which makes storage and portability effortless. For the money you spend, the Hamilton device is more than satisfactory. It is compact, efficient, and affordable. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon
Oster Commercial Heavy Duty Drink Mixer
This milkshake maker is suitable for places of business, but it can also come in handy in large households. It is powerful, large, and it will do a great job at blending drinks. It is a bit expensive, but you will get quality for every penny. It has a powerful 110-watt motor and a chrome metal head. One of the best features is that you do not need to turn it on and off yourself. The device will start/stop when you insert/remove the cup.
The device has two speeds, and it can operate without you holding your hands on the cup. It also features an auto turn-off option, and the solid base provides excellent stability. You can use it for more than one or two drinks because the motor vents so that overheating does not occur. The Oster drink mixer is very efficient because of that.
The Oster can be used on a variety of drinks. It features two agitators that will make the consistency of the beverage just perfect. It is easy to clean, and the finish makes it look terrific on your counter. I am sure you are going to enjoy using it. The sturdy construction will ensure that you use it for years. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon
I think it is pretty obvious what my choice is. My number one recommendation is Cuisinart CDM-100G Classic Drink Mixer. It is compact, affordable, and multi-functional. It has everything you may want from a drink mixer. Personally, I believe that it is one of the best milkshake makers on the market.
Investing in high-quality appliances is always a good idea. You can use them for years, which is in itself something worth spending your money on. One of the milkshakes above feature high quality, and you will be more than satisfied with your purchase, whichever that may be. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Hearsay, Lies and Ninja Smoothie Maker
- Lies You’ve Been Told About Best Blender for Smoothies
- Buy Milkshake Maker: No Longer a Mystery
- The End of Smoothie Machine
- Vital Pieces of Home Milkshake Machine
- The End of Smoothie Blender
- What Everyone Else Does When It Comes to Cheap Blenders and What You Should Be Doing Different
- Milk Shaker Machine Ideas
- The Advantages of Blender
- Find Out Who’s Concerned About Shake Maker Machine and Why You Should Be Paying Attention
- Top Smoothie Maker Guide!
- The Secret Truth About Ice Cream Milkshake Maker Revealed
- The Nuiances of Smoothie Makers
- Best Shake Maker – Is it a Scam?
- Top Hamilton Beach Milkshake Machine Reviews!
- Characteristics of Commercial Milkshake Blender
- How to Find Hamilton Beach Shake Mixer
- Important Solutions to Waring Milkshake Maker in Step by Step Detail
- Top Milkshake Machine for Sale Guide!
- Hidden Solutions to Milkshake Machine Commercial Exposed
- What Everybody Dislikes About Malt Mixer and Why
- What Everyone Is Saying About Milkshake Machine for Home Is Dead Wrong and Why
- Brief Article Teaches You the Ins and Outs of Shake Maker and What You Should Do Today
- The Secrets of Shake Machine Exposed
- Uncommon Article Gives You the Facts on Malt Maker That Only a Few People Know Exist
- Things You Won’t Like About Milkshake Maker Machine and Things You Will
- The Little-Known Secrets to Hamilton Beach Milkshake Mixer
- Commercial Milkshake Maker – the Story
- The Good, the Bad and Milkshake Blender
- The Hidden Treasure of Commercial Milkshake Machine
- Hamilton Beach Milkshake Maker – Is it a Scam?
- What to Expect From Milkshake Mixer?
- The Insider Secrets for Shake Mixer Exposed
- The Downside Risk of Milkshake Machine That No One Is Talking About
- Ruthless Milkshake Maker Strategies Exploited